Thursday 10 December 2009

Bronze, silver and gold!

Funny thing change.

Many of the team this morning (including me) are floating – literally on residual alcohol and metaphorically on air.

It was the DMA awards last night: new venue at Old Billingsgate market; new format with ten new categories; and a new attitude that direct marketing is not the poor relation of advertising but rather the discipline that is at the centre of many clients' marketing globe.

I felt a real sense of pride across the room in the work that we created as an industry.

And there was local pride too. We won three awards- a bronze, a silver and a gold, and were associated (as footballers say “assists) with two more.

Huge impact on the teams involved- both client members and MC&C members. And the change again from previous years. In my youth we would have celebrated today’s win all night and thought naught of the morrow. These teams took the joy from the moment- but also used it as a resolution for next year, and the basis of a pact to win not only again, but more and better.

Most mornings I reflect on how lucky I am to do what I do, but today, even through my hangover, the realisation of that privilege is more acute than ever.

Mike Colling, Managing Director

No comments:

Post a Comment